Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review + Swatches : NYX Purple Smokey Look Kit


Hi bubblies!
How's your day?
Hope you're all doing awesome! :D


So.. I'm up with a review from a mini eyeshadow + lip kit that I use from my previous Makeup Look post, which I name it "Meteor"

feel free to click the picture above to go to the  full post ^^



Okeh, without further ado.. Let's get this Swatch-Fest Purple Eyeshadow Crave Shade started, shall we? 




***


What it says : Create smokey eyes with a punchy purple twist. Contains 9 eye shadows and 2 lip colors. Includes a mirror, applicators and a slide-out compartment to make this palette portable. 



The Packaging
To pictures in your mind, this kit is a small small one. It's only for 6cmx6cm with a width of 2cm. I guess it's good for travel though. It's compact, lightweight, and a perfect kit to bring along in case you want to change your look into a dangerous-seductive-diva-clubber-party-animal ON THE GO from your formal day job. haha *kidding :P*



It got 2 level. where the bottom drawer is a lipstick and the applicator thingy that came along with this kit as well.
I think this is such a clever way to separate the cream part with the powder stuff. Otherwise, it will be a hot mess if they all got mixed. :s


The 9 gorgeous eyeshadow colors :
. lighting day sunlight .

first row
second row
third row

first row
second row


 second row
third row



The two lipsticks shades to pair up with this look :
. lighting day sunlight .





NOTE : If the case happen to you like mine in the pictures above, you no need to worry about the "sweat" of the lipstick's pressed. It's just because of the changing temperature, or the heat. But it's completely fine and it's not gonna harm you. Trust me :)



The Eyeshadows Swatches
. no primer .  no base . lighting day sunlight .

First Row Eyeshadow
1-2 swipes
*finishes ( left to right ) :
satin with multicolor glitter specks
matte
satin


Second Row Eyeshadow
1-2 swipes
*finishes ( left to right ) :
satin
satin with magenta glitter specks
satin


Third Row Eyeshadow
1-2 swipes
*finishes ( left to right ) :
satin
matte
matte


The Texture & Pigmentation
To me, I always love of how NYX eyeshadows perform. For that such a fantastic price to begin with, they mostly has a good color pay off, pigmentation, and blendability. 

But.. the eyeshadows texture in this kit are quite chalky I must say. and you'll gonna experience excessive fall out when working with these colors.

  crumble on the pan :/

I also experience some of the matte shadows didn't perform as much as I like it to be. You need to swipe it extra hard and packed the color more to get that nice color pay off like what you see on the swatches, while the satin finishes are much more vibrant & easier to work with. The finishes almost all subtle satin and barely shimmery looking on the lid. Let me tell you.. it's a perfect smoked color based on the finishes! :D


About the staying power on the lid, I think it's quite good. For me personally, I barely experience creasing eyeshadows, but mostly they just fade on my lid. And these eyeshadows will finally fade for a good 3-5 hours without primer on my lid. 
Of course, good base or primer underneath is always a smart way to enhance any kind of eyeshadows, girlss~~ :D *ting*


The Lip Color Swatches
. no primer .  no base . lighting day sunlight .




For these lip colors, they are quite sheer. It's buildable, but not gonna be an intense color like what you see on the pan. I must say it's like a tinted thickened lipgloss for the color pay off. The texture is buttery and smooth though. Feels a little bit sticky, but that what makes these lip colors has a good stick to the lips.

Aside from that, I'm soo excited for that bronze-y selection of color, to be honest! I rarely see something like that! :D




***


All in All..
Do I find this is a good kit? Of course I do. 
With approximately only $12 dollars, you'll getting a perfect dangerously sexy purple smoked eyes & lips combo. As long as you look sexy, so it's all good. right? haha. :P


***



 That's it my review.
Let me know what you think.
Good day all!
Smile :)


NOTE: all of the product were purchased by my own money and reviewed by honest thought. It's just my way to give you an opinion in buying product that you considered to purchase. Be a smart buyer! Hope you like my reviews.

9 comments:

  1. i need this palette! the colors are lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! you should get this, sarvin ^^ would love to see you create a look using this kit ^^

      thx love, for visiting my blog :D

      Delete
  2. whooah...realy nice palette, mind to have it too...:)
    nice review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you vee.. ih seneng liat komennya kamuh! *peluk cium* :D

      Delete
  4. Pretty look and great review! Thanks for sharing the swatches also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome, my love ^^ i love doing this :)

      Delete
  5. Great Review cece.. *terpesona..
    Salam kenal..

    ReplyDelete

Please do NOT leave an advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and I will delete it immediately. Thank you for dropping by :)

.

.