How's your day?
Hope it's awesome! :D
Keep your spirit high, yes! :)
So, this is my in depth review about NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation.
I got my hands in the shade HDF 02 Soft Beige.
NYX HD Studio Foundation ( $15.00 for 1.26 oz or 36g of product ) is described as "The most advanced foundation uses light-diffusing ingredients that create the appearance of smooth flawless skin—even under most high-definition technology. HD Studio Photogenic Foundation is also infused with tri-peptides that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and helps rejuvenate skin. Ideal makeup for everyday use, professional shoots or anytime you’re in the spotlight. Available in 8 shades."
I'm not gonna type in the exact chemical ingredients in it, but I'll just highlight what makes this foundation one of a kind.
- High Definition
- Paraben Free
- 0 ( zero ) SPF, which means good for flash photograph
- Suitable for all skin type
- Light to medium coverage
- Softens lines and good for even out skin tone
- Light diffusing effect, perfect coverage for studio photos
- Gel-like texture
- Velvety perfect smooth complexion for dewy finished look
- Does have a smell and it was like a baby powder to me >,<"
- Cruelty free!
on the picture is the exact 1 pump ( normally I'll use 1.5 pump for whole face ), gel-like texture, pretty thin consistency
spread and blend nicely, had a strong yellow undertone color
The price is great. The infused ingredients is great. And yes, photograph beautifully. ( I'll definitely wear it on a night out which needed a flash photography camera )
BUT, I also find some downfalls with this product :
- Feel kinda sticky on my oily face and definitely need to be set with powder on top!
- Easily transferred. I mean, it could be all over the place if ( in case ) I sweep my face with tissue, make them feel ( almost ) doesn't sink on my face
- I find it doesn't oxidize, but when it set, it turn more orangey than vibrant yellow from what you see first.
- Let's see the performance of this foundation on my trouble spot area!
As you can see, it does give a good coverage from the first layer and continue with the second layer as overall look. Because it really tone down the redness of my blemish spots or even out any hyper pigmentation on the skin.
But does it conceal?? I don't think so.
That's zooming in straight to my "disgrace" :P
. no primer. second layer application. dabbing in with just a finger .
. no powder on top .
. no powder on top .
You can see my blemish is still seeing through
>> It's just diffuse the color, not conceal them.
>> by applying some more layer is not necessary, as the coverage seems slightly less buildable and ends up being sheerer overall.
Do I think this foundation still good? YES. Definitely I would say it.
It's job by covering the unevenness by still showing our skin is awesome. It will give a natural look, not a heavy duty covering skin.
I am still liking it, and will loving it when my blemishes were begin to cleared up.
For now, maybe I'll need a little more concealer to cover some of those bad boys. >,<"
So here you go, I hope my review is helpful for you!
But need to remind, every skin is different.
I'll just point out some information that I get through this product.
Let me know what you think!
Good day all!
NOTE: all of the product were purchased by my own money and reviewed by honest thought. It's just my way to give you an opinion in buying product that you considered to purchase. Be a smart buyer! Hope you like my reviews.